Discount for Safe Work Month and Mental Health Week activities from OIR
With Safe Work Month and Mental Health Week in October fast approaching, Office of Industrial Relations would like to offer our LGW members a 50% discount on tickets to the events on offer.
Across October they will host a full program of online professional development events to raise community and industry awareness about the importance of work health and safety and the benefits of mentally healthy workplaces, including:
- Safe Work Month Launch – free
- Injury Prevention and Return to Work Conference - $220
- Mental Health Forum - $165
- Work-related violence and aggression in the workplace - $33
- Creating mentally safe workplaces - strategies for promoting mental wellbeing (online event) | WorkSafe.qld.gov.au - $33
To secure your discounted ticket, use the discount code INSURER50 when registering. Please note this code is for workers’ compensation insurers only and is not transferable.
Your ticket gives you exclusive access to the event recordings for up to three months!
There are also a number of free online events in addition to the Safe Work Month launch, including:
- Design for workplace diversity, Dr Sara Pazell | WorkSafe.qld.gov.au – free
- Changes in work during COVID-19 (and beyond), Professor Sharon Parker | WorkSafe.qld.gov.au – free
- The human cost of not speaking up. Psychological safety – not just nice but necessary! Naomi Armitage | WorkSafe.qld.gov.au – free
- The evolving role of safety leaders, Dom O’Brien | WorkSafe.qld.gov.au – free
- Safe Work Month Short Talks – free
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland also has an extensive catalogue of free resources you can use to plan your own health and safety programs at your workplace, not just in October, but all year round, to keep health and safety top of mind.
If you have any enquiries about the Office of Industrial Relations Safe Work Month and Mental Health Week campaigns, please contact their Awareness and Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.